The familiar views of this South Dakota landmark are outlined in this exciting set!
National Memorial South Dakota
View-Master Reel A
1. The memorial from Iron Mountain Road Tunnel.
2. The Avenue of Flags.
3. Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt & Lincoln.
4. The memorial and Pigtail Bridge, circa 1950.
5. Gutzon Borglum's "Sculptor's Studio".
6. Interior of museum in Lincoln Borglum Visitor Center.
7. Grand View Terrace and memorial
View-Master Reel B
1. Aerial of memorial before new visitor facilities.
2. The memorial at night.
3. Visitors gather for evening lighting ceremony.
4. Summit view of Washington and Jefferson.
5. Talus slope along the Presidential trail
6. Abraham Lincoln from the Presidential trail
7. George Washington's profile from highway.
View-Master Reel C
1. The faces should withstand eons of erosion.
2. Close-up view reveals amazing detail
3. Memorial Entrance.
4. Sculpture of Borglum, created by his son.
5. Plaster model of Mt. Rushmore used during carving.
6. The faces are periodically inspected and repaired.
7. The four faces are serene by moonlight.